Semaphore Station. (Telegraph Inn)

The magnificent panoramic views have been a draw for over a century.

The early Victorians would visit the semaphore station at the summit. This formed part of the essential optical telegraph system where a message from Holyhead could be received in Liverpool in 27 seconds.

Such was its popularity with these new tourists, the Great Orme Tramway was built.

Catering for sightseers stemmed from humble beginnings as the telegraph master, began serving visitors with refreshments. And from this beginning, we here at the Summit Complex endeavour to do the same.

Hotel

In the early twentieth century, the building was transformed into the Summit Hotel.

A Nine bedroom hotel which served as the 19th hole for the Great Orme Golf Club. The Golf Club Closed in 1939 and is now a sheep farm.

During the Second World War, the Summit Complex was requisitioned by the RAF, and became a temporary Radar Station.

In 1952 the Summit was purchased by Randolph Turpin who became the licensee until 1961, when the Llandudno Urban Town Council bought him out.

For the finest scenery and views in North Wales